Florida Truck Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are generally a traumatic experience. But they often pale in comparison to truck accidents. Because of the large size of trucks, they cause much more damage in accidents. These accidents, therefore, result in more medical bills, lost wages, and mental trauma. In addition, it’s much harder to determine the responsible parties in truck accidents. Is the driver at fault? Or perhaps the truck manufacturer? Maybe both?
If you’re a truck accident victim, you need to understand that overcoming these challenges requires a highly competent and experienced type of attorney. Fortunately, our Florida truck accident lawyers are standing by to assist you. We have many years of experience helping truck accident victims recover what’s rightfully theirs. So don’t wait. Set up a free initial appointment with a Florida truck accident lawyer immediately. To get started, give us a call or visit our website online.
Most Common Types of Truck Accidents
While every accident is unique, some types of truck accidents are more common than others. Here are brief descriptions of five common types of truck accidents:
- Jackknife accidents. These accidents occur when the truck trailer folds towards the cab, forming an angle similar to a partially opened folding knife. It typically happens when the driver brakes suddenly, causing the trailer to skid and fold inward.
- Rollovers. In a rollover accident, the truck tips over onto its side or roof. Rollovers often result from high speeds, sudden turns, or unstable cargo loads.
- Rear-end collisions. A rear-end collision is when a truck crashes into the vehicle in front of it. Due to the significant weight and size of trucks, these collisions are especially devastating.
- Underride accidents. This type of accident happens when a smaller vehicle slides under the rear or side of a larger truck or trailer. Given the disparity in height between trucks and many passenger vehicles, underride accidents can be particularly catastrophic.
- Blind spot accidents. Trucks have enormous blind spots compared to regular vehicles. If a truck driver isn’t aware of a vehicle in their blind spot when they decide to change lanes or turn, it may result in a collision.
Fortunately, a Florida truck accident lawyer is familiar with all of these types of truck accidents. That means they know what injuries and damages to look for. They may also glean some idea of what led to the accident.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident?
While cruising down the highway after a long day at work, a semi-truck suddenly slams into your car. In the chaotic aftermath of the collision, taking several important steps to safeguard your potential claim is crucial.
Your first and highest priority is your safety and the safety of your passengers. Move everyone to a secure location right away. However, don’t drift too far away from the accident site. Once everyone is secure, call the police and patiently await their arrival. This ensures that you’ll have an official report of the accident. This report can be invaluable for any potential claims or legal actions that may follow.
After the police have finished their report, your top priority should be seeking medical attention. Even if you feel fine, getting a medical check-up is important. Injuries resulting from accidents may not manifest immediately. In fact, it’s common for some injuries to not surface until days or weeks later. So make sure you receive a medical examination, whether it’s through emergency responders at the scene or by visiting the nearest medical facility.
Once you have received the necessary medical treatment, contact a Florida truck accident attorney immediately to explore your potential claims.
A Dedicated Truck Accident Lawyer in Florida Can Help You Recover What You Deserve
No one deserves to be in a truck accident. When they happen, it’s critical that you consult a truck accident attorney in Florida. Having the right truck accident attorney in Florida can make all the difference between a full recovery for your losses and an unsuccessful case.
The lawyers at Arias & Abbass believe that passionate, tailored, and experienced legal representation is key to every legal victory. Because we are a boutique firm, we can give every client the individualized attention they deserve. We can also fully invest in all of our cases so that each one leads to the best outcome possible. Don’t gamble with your future. Instead, set up your free initial consultation with us today.